Monday, October 15, 2012

Pregnancy & Infant Loss

Today is pregnancy and infant loss day. It breaks my heart that such a day has to exist but what a joy that we are all taking a step towards making miscarriage and loss a little less taboo.

On December 1st, 2011 we said hello and goodbye to our beautiful 1lb 2oz Hazel. Born at 22 weeks 4 days she was just too early to survive. We were able to hold and love on her for the few minutes that she lived on this earth. And while we have hard days, we find peace in knowing that she isn't struggling or hurting. That makes my momma heart a little happy to know that one of my babies will never know suffering, pain or heartache.

I plan to write more about her on her birthday but wanted to acknowledge a day that will forever serve as a reminder to pray for all those who have and will suffer pregnancy and infant loss. I wonder often what she would be like. What she would be doing. Would she look like Ava and Hollyn or would she look like Hew? My heart longs to know these things. It's something we will deal with from now on. It's our new normal.

My family and I are praying for those that already share our same heartache and for those whose hearts will be affected. Will you join me in praying?

3 comments:

  1. Praying! My best friend's baby was born asleep last November. I cannot imagine your grief. Yes, praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Hazel touched a lot of lives in her short time here. Praying for you and all families that have lost their babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your family and all of us who have experienced loss at whatever stage. Trying to see Gods plan in it all is so hard, and yet....we had our miscarriage and shortly after, along came baby Z. I don't know what it is but it seems there is a plan. I am so glad there is a day to set a side and remember. (sorry for my disjointed thoughts this am)

    ReplyDelete