Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Last But Not Least :: Hollyn's Birth Story


Things went well after Hew's delivery. I was back on the mag. Still in trendelenburg. I received the second steroid shot on Saturday morning.

It was a normal morning. The dietary lady brought my tray in and left it on the counter. I couldn't get up to get it so I was stuck waiting until someone came in. Boo! A little bit of time passed and one of our favorite nurses came in to check on me. I mentioned a concern (y'all its seriously TMI otherwise I would share).  She checked me and went to call Dr. G. Turns out, at some point Hollyn's sac ruptured and I also was bleeding some. Soon after Dr. G was in my room. She checked me herself and things went crazy. You see, up until this point they never fully prepared for any of the births as far as the babies were concerned. They did this time. People were everywhere. It was chaos until we waited for my contractions. And waited. And waited. They finally upped the pitocin and we finally had ourselves a 3rd baby girl.



Hollyn was rushed to the table to be examined and intubated before heading off to the nicu. I got to see her briefly before they rushed her off. We didn't get to hold Hollyn or Hew for weeks. It was so hard. Our arms ached to hold our babies.

Hollyn was so strong compared to Hew. She was on CPAP her first day. She would be intubated again but she was worlds ahead of Hew already. It was amazing what a few extra days and a full dose of steroids could do.

She looked so much like Ava and Hazel. And she still does. It's crazy!

Hollyn is doing so well today. She is amazing us with everything she is already doing. She is so feisty.  We call her our little diva.  We are positive that God is going to use her in a mighty way!



Happy birthday Hollyn! We love you to pieces!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Birthday sweet little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A TRUE BLESSING. GOD HAS GREAT THINGS PLANNED FOR THIS LITTLE BEAUTY. I AM SO HUMBLED TO BE HER MIA. IN ONE YEAR OF HER LIFE SHE HAS TAUGHT ME SO MUCH.
    MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER AND SON IN LAW ARE GREAT. BIG SISTER IS A W E S O M E .
    I LOVE YOU
    MIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Hollyn! December is a good month. My birthday is Dec 11th!

    Thank you for sharing how your babies came into this world.

    Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved reading your posts! I'm glad you are back in the blogging world. I am working on trying to get our blog updated so I can be on track for the new year. I hope to blog more often, but sometimes life just happens. I hope you and your family had a great holiday. :) Lana

    ReplyDelete