Thursday, March 13, 2014

Time4Learning

 As a member of Time4Learning, I have been asked to review their online education program and share my experiences. While I was compensated, this review was not written or edited by Time4Learning and my opinion is entirely my own. Write your own curriculum review or learn how to use their curriculum for homeschool, after school study or summer learning.


Today I wanted to share a little bit with you from our homeschool life.

We do many activities on a daily basis.  We do calendar time.  We do math and language arts and bible with some science and social studies thrown in.  While we don't school all day...the day can seem so long with me "lecturing" and Ava doing worksheet after worksheet. And sometimes she still doesn't grasp a concept.

Enter Time4Learning.

Time4Learning has given me an awesome tool to be able to reinforce a concept.  It also allows her the opportunity to learn a concept in a different way than I could have taught her.  And it is a fun way for her to gather knowledge.  The lessons do seem a bit corny to me at times but honestly Ava loves them. 

Another high point is that the instructions are so well explained in each lesson.  It allows me the chance to work with Hew and Hollyn while Ava works independently.

Parents have a separate login and can view tons of data about their students.  You can see what lessons were done on what day.  How long it took to do each lesson and any scores they obtained by completing lessons and quizzes.  You can print reports easily.  There is even an activity scheduler that gives you the option to assign lessons on specifc days.

We personally have only used the Kindergarten and 1st grade levels (with a touch on 2nd grade social studies).  We haven't encountered any problems with the website.  It really has been a great tool for us.

Let me know if you give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment