Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Nanny::It's Her Birthday

Today is my Nanny's birthday.  She would have been 73.  


Kristen, Nanny, Me and Ava, my Mom

We lost her very unexpectedly in May.  

Nanny with Elvis :)

I just know that she is in Heaven spoiling Hazel rotten.

Nanny holding Hazel

She was a great woman.  Funny. Sassy. Kind.

Nanny and Hollyn (She never got to hold Hew)

Tonight we are celebrating her birthday at my Mom's.  Pajamas (her basic attire) and Popsicles (the kids favorite treat that she always had on hand).  

We sure do miss her, but oh the time she is having in Heaven!  I know she is healed from the ailments that effected her here on Earth.  And I know she's celebrating even more this year because of that.  I know that I will see her again one day.  

Happy Birthday Nanny!  We Love You!

1 comment:

  1. I just posted similar thoughts on Kristens, glad you have such wonderful memories of her. These wonderful smiling pics will keep her in your and your childrens hearts forever.

    Enjoy your jammie popsicle dinner- what a wonderful remember-y (Jacksons word) idea!

    ReplyDelete