Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Half a Year Later

Hi friends!

A lot has happened since my last post...back in JANUARY. I know, I know. But life has been happening and I have just been enjoying living it. I'm jumping back in with both feet now. 

Here's what we've been up to since January:

Matt and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary in May. We didn't do anything big. We actually all ate at Milo's and went to church. We had plans to getaway one weekend but we just haven't managed to make it happen yet. Soon. 

We spent several weekends in Tuscaloosa watching Alabama's softball team. Matt's cousin plays on the team. It was a fun little adventure to pack up and head out on Friday evening. We'd spend the night after Friday nights game and watch Saturdays game, then head home. So much fun!

For Memorial Day we took a little trip to Biloxi, MS and visited some of our favorite nearby places. We even took a day trip to New Orleans. 

Ava's 4th dance recital was the first Saturday in June. She absolutely adores dance. This year her studio did an 80's themed recital. Ava dance to "When I See You Smile" for ballet and "Don't Worry, Be Happy" for tap. Both dances were so cute!  

We visited some of my family in Georgia in early June. We had the best time. It was so good to spend time with them and piddle around and finally get to see their new house. 

Over the course of a few weeks I read Debbie Macomber's "Cedar Cove Series". There are 12 books with an additional 2 short stories. I really, really enjoyed them. And now they're making the books into a television series on Hallmark Channel (premieres this Saturday, July 20th). I'm so excited!!!

The babies semi-graduated from occupational therapy. They had their annual review at 18 months and had pretty much caught up to their peers in all areas except speech. So, we start speech therapy this month. This week actually. I'm anxious to see how it goes because honestly Hew and Hollyn are leery of strangers. Not a terrible thing but it is when they're being evaluated. We shall see.

We had a pretty low-key 4th.  Matt had to work on the 4th but was off on the 5th.  Rather than sit at home, me and the kids went and ate lunch with my mom.  She fixed BBQ porkchops, baked beans and homemade french fries.  Yummy!  That evening we went with our neighbors to watch the fireworks downtown.  We had a great time!


And now we are just gearing up for school to start.

What have y'all been up to?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Sounds like you are all doing so well! Kiddos look great! Im struggling to write my own catch up post....soon. My Z started speech therapy and its very interesting. Most of the work falls to us it seems. But they have given us great tips and he is making good progress! Good luck.

    Keep posting! (says the girl who hasnt posted since Feb.....) :-P

    ReplyDelete